A Training in Participatory Arts for Health and Well-being
Arts Participation Training:- Content:
Length of Course – 1 day (10.00 – 12.30)
- A positive training day with a focus on Arts Participation as an aid to mental and physical wellbeing.
- The use of art and creativity to increase active participation and social integration.
- Inclusive facilitation techniques that help participants to engage with activities.
- Confidence in staff to include arts as a ‘tool’ for health and wellbeing
- Looking at creative support and reflective practice.
- Understanding the role of the professional community artist.
- Creative ideas to use in a day to day setting
The Training designed for Community and Support Workers looks at creativity, motivation and an active approach to enabling.
The course designed for Management will also look at how Arts Participation can help to fulfil national strategic aims and directives. The Training provides a useful ‘tool kit’ for the use of participatory arts for health; that can both add value and confidence to teams and signpost ways to use existing community arts resources.
“I must add that the response to the day was extremely positive, it is so good to have managers returning from training feeling enthusiastic” Jane Taylor –Rheolwr Ardal/Area Manager, Cartrefi Cymru
Based in Wales, the training will take place at venues around the UK in 2019.
To get in touch, please email; firstname.lastname@example.org